Sunday 30 October 2011

Converse Halloween Block Party

I must admit I haven't frequented Newtown as much as I would like to - I have been to The Woods once actually if we want to get specific.  So when I RSVP'd 'Attending' to the Halloween Block Party I was expecting something quite different to what it turned out to be! 


Converse gave away 1000 free double ticket (We love Converse - Its one of my Favourite brands - I love everything they stand for) I was firstly surprised by how all out everyone went for Halloween.  I went as a policeman (And made some interesting arrests I might add - note to all, "I'm going to have to Book You Sir" works wonders ladies), my starfish went as Little Bo Beep and the others were "Too Cool to Dress up" (LAME) 


I was very impressed with the effort and simple ideas that Converse used to ensure that the block part was a huge success.  Firstly the roller girls, rolling around in roller skates and doing tricks rocked my world (Thank god they werent drinking that could have gotten dangerous) then there was acts preforming dance and circus trips, and then the FREE STUFF!!!! Who doesnt like free stuff?  


There were something like 5 stages (I dont remember exactly ok.... My memory is blurry) I do however remember flicking alot of hoof at the Dubstep stage looking like a druggy with too much energy.  I then wondered over to where the bands were playing, making friends with The Blue man Group on the way and arresting a Pirate (Productive evening) I then watched a band called "The Stella's' (I Think) and then "Desmond and the Tutu's" who dressed up at The Hives for Halloween - From here things get blurry as I then discovered the Jager truck..... 


I got home with minimal bruises and no flash backs of drunken happenings that will haunt me forever. So all in all. Block party HUGE success well done Converse.  

No comments:

Post a Comment