Sunday 30 October 2011

Kings of Leon Concert (29/10/2011)

7 months ago the news that Kings of Leon would be coming to South Africa was all anyone was talking about - then they cancelled coming in March as Nathan Followill tore a muscle in his bicep.  Well it was worth the wait.  And 7 months later I am now officially experiencing post Kings of Leon depression.  I want to be back there right now! 

I was also blown away by The Shadow Club a fairly new band on the South African music scene, best known for there song "Guns & Money"  - I was pleasantly surprised by there act and found myself quite upset when there set finished! I felt it was way too short, they were far better than the other acts The Black Hotels and Die Heuwels Fantasties.  I actually have absolutely NO idea why Die Heuwels Fantasties was even one the the bands selected to be KOL's opening act, firstly not everyone speaks Afrikaans and their performance was distinctly average.  The Shadow Club is a definite must see, they were amazeballs!  

I dont think I could pick a favourite song from KOL's set list as  all the songs were perfectly performed from beginning to end - However there were the obvious favourites (Their most popular songs) such as "Your Sex is on Fire", "Use Somebody", "Notion" and "Knocked Up" to name a few.  I did have a giggle though as just before Caleb Followill played Sex on Fire he said, 'Here is a little song, you all  probably have heard it before, if you haven't well then.... Lucky you' - I'm assuming every interview, concert, radio, fan asks them about that song! Funny. I would ask them if the rumors that it is about an STD are true.  

The concert was amazing and I the firework display looking over 10 000 screaming fans at the top of Soccer City as I was walking out is an image and a moment that will stay with me and 10 000 other Kings of Leon's fans for a very long time.  

All in all.  Amazing Concert.  Amazing time.  



No comments:

Post a Comment