Monday 21 March 2011

Human Rights Day

There are 285 days remaining until the end of the year (and those Christmas parties I KNOW you all love) it also happens to be Human Rights Day in South Africa making this lovely day of March the 21st a public holiday, meaning NO WORK,  a SHORT WEEK AND A LONG WEEKEND! Now that's Ayoba! 
It is you HUMAN right South Africa to enjoy today, be as lazy as physically possible, most of the country today will either be catching up on all those PVR'd series from the previous week or watching rugby (if there is any on - I wouldn't know Punky doesn't believe in contact sports.)
I spent my public holiday watching True Blood - If there are vampires living amongst us I swear I am going into the slaying business, or you know I'll become a vampire blood harvester.  Yes, I am watching too much True Blood.

So to celebrate Human Rights Day Punky and one of her Starfish friends decided to go back to our oceanic roots and went for sushi.  Now let me inform you that I have NOT eaten all day and Punky needs her protein boet.  So we violated the Sushi buffet at Tataki its amazing and FULL of beautiful people and even more beautiful Asian - I pretty sure the one waiter is Will Yun Lee's long lost twin brother (See below for photographic evidence of Will Yun Lee)


Now regardless of your personal preference (Personally I like my men like my sugar: White and Sweet) - This guy is a HUNK!  And yes, his look-a-like makes sushi at Tataki Sushi.   I can appreciate a beautiful man, but a beautiful man who makes amazing sushi is almost too much to handle.  Take a trip ladies great sushi and talent its a win win.  


So after eating too much sushi and drinking a little too much Wine (what is is about sushi and wine just going PERFECTLY together) we stumbled out of the sushi joint into the lovely wet weather that has been hovering over Johannesburg lately.  I can deal with the cold, actually Punky is a fan of the cold, but rain - Punky no like! 
For interest sake today is also:
Harmony Day in Australia
The International Day for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination (International)
Mothers Day in most of the Arab World 
Truant's Day in Poland (I feel like I need to name my next pet Truant - I should probably Google the meaning of it yes?)
World Down Syndrome Day
And lastly Youth Day in Tunisia

"All mankind... being all equal and independent, no one ought to harm another in his life, health, liberty or possessions" - John Locke

Hope you exercised your human rights today! 

Punky Out. 


No comments:

Post a Comment