Sunday 10 April 2011

Has the worlds warranty expired?

I must admit I don't watch much news, basically because I just don't have the time.  My only source of news is from http://www.breakingnews.com/ on twitter (who are really good by the way and definitely worth a follow) and from the hourly news updates on the radio and occasionally I catch the news on TV if I'm home in time. 

I know the world is supposedly going to end next year according to a certain movie staring a certain rapper turned movie star but frankly that is Future Punky's problem.  I stopped panicking about the world ending ever since Y2K, people worry about stuff too much.  You should do what you can NOW to help the world and yourself. 

If you litter - STOP LITTERING
If you don't recycle - START RECYCLING
If you drive a car that billows smoke - GET IT FIXED
If you let the water run while brushing your teeth/ doing dishes etc- STOP WASTING WATER
If you don't you energy saving light bulbs - SWITCH TO ENERGY SAVING LIGHT BULBS
If you leave all your lights on in your house all the time - SWITCH OFF YOUR LIGHTS

With all the disasters happening in the world at the moment one can only think that the worlds warranty has expired. 
I remember I bought a external hard drive once, a day after the warranty expired it broke (I know, I was angry too) - Incredible Corruption wouldn't take it back no matter how much of a fuss I kicked up. 
The world is breaking and its no too late to send it in for repairs, most things can get fixed, I'm sure the world can too if we stop treating it so badly. 

On that note, I'm praying for The Japanese, The Egyptians, The Libyans, the families of the people shot in Brazil and the Netherlands this week, and the people who were effected by the train collision in Pretoria to name but a few heart wrenching tragedies that happened this week

I saw a tweet this week from @YeaahImATeen that is pretty cool:
I love Pandas. They're like "Hey Racism is stupid. I'm Black, White and Asian. And everyone loves me. Spread the love man"
I recon all this bad stuff is happening cos of all the bad energy from all the people in the world and @YeaahImATeen sums up how we could start fixing it perfectly.

On that note and a rather serious blog entry - Save the cheerleader. Save the world. But not really.


2 comments: