Sunday 3 April 2011

"The Kempton Park Haunted Hospital"

In the hopes of trying something "new and different" this weekend the starfish and myself put our heads together and decided to try out "The Haunted Kempton Park Hospital" in Kempton park obviously.  We all decided bundle into 3 cars and head out into the great unknown fondly known as Kempton Park.  I have no idea where Kempton Park is, all I know is when I first moved to South Africa I got lost their coming home for roughly 4hrs (and a tank of fuel) I am still haunted by the memory of the whole situation.  Little did I know that this trip to Kempton park would be just as dodgy 

First things first.  Out of the 13 of us going, not ONE of us had any idea where this Hospital exactly was, we just knew it was in Kempton, on Elgin Rd.  Once we found Elgin Rd which I can only explain to you as "A rapists paradise" we quickly decided we were lost and that this what not where the hospital was.  I mean this really was a Rapists Paradise.  I think this was where the vast majority of us freaked out the most.  I saw my life and Ted Bundy flash before my eyes - And it wasn't pretty.  I didn't see a single Caramel Vodka shot or Cupcake.  

After allot of guess navigation and stopping at garages and asking very suspicious looking people (who were were sure where all now going to run to the hospital and try and Rape and Rob us of everything we had) we F.I.N.A.L.L.Y found the hospital.  
We parked at a shopping center where there was a bar and lots of light and what not (There was no way Punky was risking walking all the way back to Sandton).
Now this bar that was called something like the Duck n' Dive or something was an eye opener in itself.  I may get into a bit of trouble for this but I imagine Kempton Park/Boksburg/Benoni  locals to the the South Africa equivalent to Alabama.  I am pretty sure there was some SERIOUS interbreeding going on from the looks of the people in that bar.  

So we parked and walked the 300m or so to the hospital and due to the joys of living in Africa we bribed he guard R40.00 to get in and have a look around.  Now considering there were 13 of my starfish and we all paid R40.00 and then there was another group of about 10 people behind us and we saw more random people once we were inside the hospital there must have be over all 50 people in total in the hospital just for the few hours we were there - I am going into the effing guarding haunted hospitals business, the woman is COINING it! R2000 on average a night - I could do with that as a little extra cash. Just Saying.  

The Hospital has NO lights.  Punky is scared of the dark.  This is gonna be interesting.  Luckily I have a torch (it didn't fail on me - breathes HUGE sigh of relief) 

I don't really believe in ghosts, basically cos if I had to really think about it I would probably freak myself out so much that I would have a panic attack and pass out.  (Yes, the same effect caramel vodka has on me).  Take into consideration the fact that I have only ever watched ONE scary movie and I had to sleep with the light on in my room for the next week I was so freaked out.  So why I decided to come into this haunted hospital I have no idea.  

Words really cant describe the hospital you kind of have to go and see for yourself, you really cant believe that this place was literally just left.  There are still documents of the patients that were admitted just before it such down, incubators, wheelchairs, neck braces, operating theaters complete with lights and operating tools, we even saw old dried blood on the floor and a bottle full of preserved kidneys (however we have no idea if they were just put there for effect or if they were actually from the days of the hospital being open).

Most of my photos have "orbs" in them with is meant to mean that their were ghosts present, but for my sanity I am gonna call them dust particles








If you go I suggest that you visit the morgue that still works and then leave the nurses quarters for last, there is a definite drop in temperature when you go into the rooms and that means there are ghosts about.  Hehe.  
The one lady guard wouldn't even go into the nurses quarter cos she said she was too scared which freak me out quite a bit, however I was armed with a torch and she wasn't so I guess it would be more scary, I also think the guards kind of what you to have the living Ba-Geesus scared out of you, and trust me they do a really good job of freaking you out.  

I was scared.  I won't put myself through that again.  
Unless of course I have drunk a bottle of Caramel Vodka and have a 6ft6 hunk of a man who looks like Jared Leto that I can jump onto to protect me if I get a fright.

Thats all.  





2 comments:

  1. I think I may have to take a trip to this haunted hospital you speak of.

    ReplyDelete
  2. me and my school friends are going to that hospital soon i cant wait

    ReplyDelete